- Simple version (145k): Just the executable and a readme file.
- Full version (710k): includes installer and the source code for the application.
The ability to recommend books that you like using your associate ID so that you'll get a pittance whenever someone actually buys them.
The main form allows you to enter a search query for a book's title (or part of it).
You'll then get a list of the first 10 books that match that title along with their authors and a small screenshot of the book cover.
That should be enough information for you to select the book you wanted to recommend.
The next step is to create an associate link from the book you chose. That's very easy.
Simply right click on the row of the book you want and select one of three choices.
- Copy title as link: Copies to the clipboard an HTML link with the title as text and the link referring to the book's homepage along with your associate ID
- Copy image as link: the same as the first only instead of the title text, you get the small cover image as a link with your associate ID
- Copy both as link: Creates a center-aligned HTML with the book image and title below it as a link with your associate ID.
1. This application uses the Amazon Web Services account for me: Roy Osherove.
I encourage you to create your own amazon web services account at amazon
and changing the Web Service account ID for this application to your own.
You can do this by going to Options->Change Web Service Credentials.
If you're going to use my account -please be respectful and don't
hammer any servers with it, or I'll be the one screwed over by your actions!
That's all I needed so that all I created.