After two years in amazing Norway, our Scandinavian adventure has been transformed into what I can only call so far as “The New Jersey Experience”. I’m here on an O-1 visa. I’m also open to doing part time training courses in the area so contact me.
The three little boys, my wife and me moved to Tenafly, home of many other Israelis, to stay 20 minutes away from New York City (baby), in a nice and quiet place with (supposedly) good education for the kids.
Things we missed in Norway that we can easily find here include, but are not limited to:
- Places open after 7pm
- Actual Tasty Cereal
Things we miss from Norway now that we’re in the US:
- Our wonderful Oslo International School. School here is very strict: just 22 minutes of break a day for a 5 and 7 year old are basically torture.
- Law and order
- Paying 50$ for a pizza
Things I plan to pursue while I’m here
- Leading awesome technological teams, flow and architectures
- Training on the side
- Try my hand at some stand up comedy open mics
- Work on making some electronic music
- Work on making more online courses (vim is coming!)
We couldn’t think of a place more different than Norway, where we will learn things we didn’t even know we didn’t know. It’s all about ravines.
Let the games begin!