I was reading Test Driven Development in Microsoft .Net today(great book) - especially the chapter about doing database unit tests, and got this incredible idea in my head. I tested it on my home machine and it worked. I then checked with some trusted people to verify that I'm thinking correctly and after I got an OK I went ahead and wrote an article about it.
This is the result - and I think it's going to change the way I do database testing in .Net in a fundamental way.
It's been a while since I've written an article -it's fun to get back in the saddle :)
In this article I’ll show what problems we encounter today when we perform unit tests against database related components, and the various ways used to solve these problems. I’ll also show a new method to solve these problems, which is far easier and simpler than any of the others. At the end of this article you will have the tools necessary to do simple and easy unit tests against database related components without the need to write messy cleanup code after your tests.