Israel Visual C++ Users Group June Meeting
Date: Wednesday, June 21, 2006, 17:00 - 20:00
Hapnina 2 (
+972 (9) 762-5100
Parking is available at the Kurkar parking lot. Proceed straight past the traffic circle and the parking lot will be on your right.
Topic: Hardcore ASP.NET 2.0
Lecturer: Dan Amiga
I’ve carefully selected the topics to suit all developers so that even if you are not inheriting from System.Web.UI.Page all day you’d be very interested in how you can leverage
ASP.NET 2.0 to answer non functional system requirements such as: scaling, concurrency, session handling, monitoring, hosting, design time behavior and much more.
These are the topics too deep to cover in class:
· ISAPI Filters & Extensions. IIS 7 and ISAPI
· System.Web.Hosting, HttpRuntime, HttpApplicationFactory,PageHandlerFactory,IHttpHandlerFactory and the multi threaded pipeline.
· PreCompilation, Dynamic compilation and no compilation..
· BuildProviders and ExpressionBuilders
· Utilizing Completion and Worker threads to achieve asynchronous page execution.
· Caching internals – synchronization, HttpCachePolicy and the famous SqlCacheDependency
· Session state internals – readonly state, read/write state, and the state provider to boost performance.
· Viewstate and ControlState Internals - LosFormatter and the ObjectStateFormatter
· Custom controls internals – Control&Template Attributes, composition, callbacks (simple, atlas), web resources, adaptive rendering and design time behavior.
· Health monitoring through WebEvents and smart exception handling
Dan Amiga is a solution architect at Advantech, Microsoft Division (Magen-MTC) where he leads and mentors all flavors of companies and organizations on how to solve business critical problems using Microsoft technology and server platforms. He has delivered many seminars, courses and hands-on training on developing distributed applications; Win applications, ASP.NET, WinFX, security and databases. Dan is also a known presenter and speaks at national conferences such as TechED, Microsoft Launch Events, Architecture usergroup, Security usergroup and other community events.
See you there!
See you there!