here are the questions that teams and team leads should be asking themselves on a daily\weekly basis.
There are more, but these are the basics, to me. It’s part of the summary for the talk “Beautiful teams I am giving at SEConf and NDC. we do a lot of this stuff over at work, and it’s proving itself on a daily basis.
- What can we automate?
- where are we "Reinventing the wheel"?
- what are the tools that slow us down?
- what tools can we use better?
- are there bugs that I could have found earlier? how do I make sure I find them earlier?
- when do we find out we built the right thing?
- when do we find out our code\design sucks? how can we make that earlier?
- How do we show progress at the team level? at the management level?
- How many meetings does each dev have every week? how can we remove them?
- Are we building by feature or by layer?
- can we make all our team sit in the same place?
- daily: what bottlenecks exist in the team? what have I solved?
- will my devs be better in a month or two than they were before? if not, how do I make that happen?
- what prevents my devs from working? what am I doing about this?