Why was it a mistake?
I started getting lots of SPAM in the wiki. That in itself isn’t really a MindTouch problem, but how one handles spam in a Deki Wiki is.
- There’s no way to bulk delete comments
- There’s no spam-aware way to moderate comments
- No easy way to get notification whenever my pages were changed (that should have been the default)
- There’s no easy way to bulk ban or delete users
- there’s no way to see or remove all comments by a specific user
So, a wiki owner discovers one day his wiki has been turned in a spam heaven – and they have almost nothing to do but go one by one and delete comments and pages. Bad.
I had to literally recreate the site from scratch (using SquareSpace).