This white paper is especially helpful for users who are new to SQL Server 2000 replication. Instead of providing answers to the most common replication errors, this white paper:
- Introduces important replication troubleshooting tools and troubleshooting methods.
- Outlines the key facts about each replication agent, and lists the common areas that can cause problems.
- Demonstrates how to apply those methods and logic in troubleshooting real replication problems.
- Outlines the information that is stored in the major replication system tables.
- Describes how to use stored procedures or Transact-SQL queries to obtain replication system information for troubleshooting.