The topics of the meeting will be about Sinatra, and a glimpse of one developer's development environment and what tools they use on a daily basis.
It is totally free to join, and if you're interested in Ruby at all, this is a warm and welcoming group of people who'd love to help you learn!
- Sinatra Intro (50 min) by Gregory Mostizky
- What, why and when of Sinatra? Why not Rails?
- Hello world. (building a live app)
- Routes. Views. ActiveRecord?
- Overview of advanced stuff.
• My development environment (50 min) by Reuven Lerner
I've been developing in Ruby for about six years now, and have assembled over time a number of tools that provide me with an environment optimized for rapid development. I'll demonstrate the tools that I use, starting with the GNU Emacs editor and several add-ins for it, the Rails console (and IRB) and a number of useful gems for it, my Git configuration, and the configuration I've set up for my Unix shell.
see you there,