Got this in the mail:
From time to time I'm reading your blog, and I must say that I'm quite behind. I would like to start an Agile Process in our company, but to be honest I do not have any knowledge from where to start.
So from where to start ?
Wow. what a simple and powerful question.
I’d start incrementally, doing the things that are easiest but also make small “wins” for the team and process. Here is where I’d start (order matters)
- start doing daily stand up meeting
- start doing automated builds
- start working in pairs on relatively complicated problems
- start doing code reviews
- start showing visible progress
- start trying to show demos every two or three weeks
- start learning unit testing
- learn how to code better, design better
- start doing TDD
But, be sure to have what it takes as a team lead to drive this thing.
I’m sure y’all in the comments can add to this discussion!