I use both mac and windows at work, and I do a lot of remote desktop stuff as well. I asked on twitter “what tools would you recommend on windows to manage remote desktops?”
here is the list I got:
- RemoteNG - oldie but a goodie
- Microsoft’s own free RDCMan - nice and simple
- RoyalTS – windows, mac and mobile, not free. I found this one very annoying and laborious to configure, although it did work well
- Terminals – open source client
- MultiRdPC – open source client
- Cord – (mac only) – open source client that I really like on the mac. easier to use than royalts and free.
other ideas? specific recommendations? comment!
side note: if you ever wondered how to enable multiple RDP sessions to a windows 2008 server, here.